A committee of members shall be determined pursuant to the following rules, and have the duties set forth herein (the “Selection Committee”).
The following members shall become automatically appointed to the Selection Committee. The Athletic Director shall have the power to determine terms and or rotation of members for each of the following Automatic Appointments.
- The Athletic Director – the Athletic Director of CMU shall always serve as a member of the Nomination Committee and shall further oversee the Athletics Hall of Fame as he or she believes is in the best interest of the Athletics Hall of Fame and CMU.
- Student Representation – the Athletic Director shall appoint at least one (1) member of the Student Athlete Advisory Council for a term to be determined by the Athletic Director.
- Faculty – the Athletic Director shall appoint at least one (1) member of CMU’s faculty for a term to be determined by the Athletic Director.
- Board of Trustees – the Athletic Director shall appoint at least one (1) member of CMU’s Board of Trustees for a permanent term, unless otherwise removed by the Athletic Director or such appointee resigns.
- Sports Information Director – CMU’s Sports Information Director shall always serve as a member of the Nomination Committee.
- Coaches – the Athletic Director shall appoint a coach from at least one (1) Men’s Varsity Program and at least one (1) Women’s Varsity Program for a term to be determined by the Athletic Director.
The Athletic Director shall have the discretion and authority to suggest other automatic appointments to serve as members of the Nomination Committee. If the Athletic Director determines the best interest of the Athletics Hall of Fame is to add additional automatic appointments, the same shall be achieved by the Athletic Director amending these guidelines and the other members of the Athletics Hall of Fame ratifying the same by affirmative or negative consent, or at a meeting of the members.
The Athletic Director shall elect members to the Nomination Committee who are not automatic appointments, as set forth above. Each elected member shall be confirmed by majority vote of the automatic appointments. The Athletic Director, in his or her sole discretion, shall determine the number of elected members for the Nomination Committee.
Term of Service
Except as otherwise set forth herein, the term of service for each member of the Nomination Committee shall continue for indefinite duration. A Member’s term of service shall terminate upon resignation or removal by the Athletic Director. The Athletic Director shall have complete power and authority to remove members from the Nomination Committee in his or her sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, without further action from any other member.
Members of the Carnegie Mellon Hall of Fame Selection Committee include:
Amy Buxbaum, a 1992 women’s basketball alumna and former Tartan Athletics Club (TAC) Board member
Josh Centor, Associate Vice President of Student Affairs and Director of Athletics
Bridget Caster, a 1996 women’s soccer alumna and former TAC Board member
Mark Fisher, Sports Information Director
Evan Gelacek, a 2005 men’s basketball alumnus and Past-President of the TAC Board
Monica Harrison, Head Softball Coach
Anna Riegger, a current women’s swimming student-athlete
Tod Hunt, Carnegie Mellon Board of Trustees member and TAC Board member
Rich Lackner, a 1979 football graduate and Head Football Coach
Don Michel, a 1990 men’s golf alumnus and former TAC Board member
Susan Polansky, Head of Modern Languages and Faculty Athletics Representative
Mark Weinsten, a 1985 football and baseball alumnus and current President of the TAC Board