Tartans Run Record to 4-0 with Road Win
(OBERLIN, Ohio) – Three players on the Carnegie Mellon University men's basketball team scored in double figures, as the Tartans topped Oberlin College, 87-68, on Tuesday, November 22.
Carnegie Mellon 87, Oberlin 68
Records: Carnegie Mellon (4-0), Oberlin (2-4)
How it Happened
- The Tartans held a slim 38-32 lead after the first half.
- Senior Josh Berry led off the game with a three-pointer and the Tartans led 9-2 after the first five minutes of action following a three-pointer by sophomore Aidan Murphy.
- The Yeomen pulled to within two points at 21-19 on a jump shot by Dorde Otasevicj with 7:52 to play in the first half but junior Jack Stone answered with a trey and the Tartans would continue to lead for the remainder of the half.
- Freshman Justin Allen, who scored a career-best 24 points, scored nine of the team's 12 points to start the second half and gave the Tartans a 16-point lead three minutes into the frame.
- The Tartans would lead by 21 points twice and never by less than 12.
- Carnegie Mellon shot 43.8% from the floor.
- The Tartans bench scored 35 points.
- Seven different players hit a three-pointer.
- Allen's 24 points came on 9-of-12 shooting from the floor and 6-of-6 shooting from the free throw line.
- Junior Jack Stone was also perfect from the free throw line hitting 5-of-5 attempts and scored 20 points after making 3-of-4 from long range.
- Berry was the third player to score in double-figures with 11 points. He also led the team with eight rebounds.
- Oberlin also had three players score in double figures with Dimitrije Radusinovic leading the team with 24 points.
- Otasevic finished with 11 points and eight rebounds, and Asaan Snipes-Rea scored 10 points.
- The Tartans recorded 10 or more three-pointers for the second time this season.
- The Tartans outrebounded their opponent for the fourth time.
- Carnegie Mellon will host Penn State Behrend on Wednesday, November 30 at 7:30 p.m.