Posted: Mar 17, 2023
Chan Eagles 18 as Tartans are Second After Opening Round of Jekyll Island Collegiate
(JEKYLL ISLAND, Ga.) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's golf team competed in the first round of the Jekyll Collegiate Invitational on Friday. The Tartans carded a team score two-under par 286 to open play at the 54-hole event and currently are second in a field of 30 teams.
Inside the Collegiate:
Tournament Standing: 2nd of 30 Teams
Tournament Leader(s): Emory (283)
Location: Pine Lakes Course | Jekyll Island, Ga.
How it Happened:
- Graduate student Henry Scavone and sophomore Justin Chan led the Tartans on Friday, as they both carded a season-best round of two-under par 70. They are currently tied for fourth individually in a field of 150 golfers.
- Chan recorded an eagle on hole 18, as it was one of 19 eagles recorded by the field of 150 in the first round.
- Freshman Andrew Wang posted a collegiate-low round of one-under par 71 on Friday.
- freshman David Zhang entered the clubhouse with a three-over par 75.
- Junior Brian Xu concluded the first round with a four-over par 76.
- The second round of the event will be held Saturday, March 18, with the Tartans teeing off at 1:40 p.m.