Tartans Dominate in Win Against Point Park

men's soccer player preparing to take a shot with a defender and goalkeeper to his right

(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's soccer team ended its home slate of games this spring with a 5-0 victory against Point Park University on Wednesday, March 31. The Tartans had five different players score while three goalkeepers shared time in goal to record the shared shutout.

Sophomore Tyler Harp (Armonk, N.Y. / Byram Hills) opened the scoing in the 22nd minute when he got his own rebound off the crossbar and finished for his first career goal.

Sophomore Josh Baugh (Boynton Beach, Fla. / Boca Prep) scored his second goal of the season in the 43rd minute when he took a free outside and right of the 18-yard box. His shot skipped through the defense and by the keeper to the far post.

Sophomore Mason Shockley (Morgantown, W.Va. / University) also scored his first career goal when he put in a pass from senior Jordi Long (Silver Spring, Md. / Montgomery Blair) in the 51st minute.

The fourth goal of the game came off the foot of sophomore Dante Mancini (Lake Forest, Ill. / Lake Forest) in the 56th minute. Long served a free kick across the goal that was headed up by a defender. Junior Chester Glenn (Westport, Conn. / Staples) then got a head on it before Mancini finished around a defender and keeper who was now out of position trying to get the loose ball.

The final goal of the game was scored by freshman Luke Marolda (West Windsor, N.J. / The Peddie School) in the 71st minute. Marolda finished a rebounded save off the foot of freshman Witt Sperau (Atlanta, Ga. / The Westminster Schools) who fired a shot that was swatted away by the keeper after he received a pass at the penalty marker from senior Nick Isham (Lansing, Mich. / East Lansing).

Senior Alex Singh (Golden, Colo. / Lakewood) started in goal for the Tartans and earned the win while making one save in 30 minutes of action. Freshman Stefan Sorobay (New York, N.Y. / Stuyvesant) also played 31 minutes and made one save while junior Ethan Kalis (Riverwoods, Ill. / Adlai E. Stevenson) played the final 29 minutes and did not face any shots.

The Tartans will continue action with a match at Slippery Rock University on Saturday, April 17 at 3:45 p.m.