Bowman Records 250th Career Win in Season-Opening 1-0 Win at Muskingum
(NEW CONCORD, Ohio) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's soccer team opened the 2022 season with a 1-0 road victory against Muskingum University to give ninth-year head coach, and 22-year coaching veteran, Brandon Bowman his 250th career win.
Senior Jason Edmunds broke up the 0-0 stalemate in the 62nd minute with his fourth career goal and first game-winner.
Inside The Box Score
- Sophomore transfer Alejandro Fernandez earned his first Tartan points with the assist on Edmund's goal in the 62nd minute.
- The Tartans recorded nine shots on goal to two for the Muskies
- Freshman goalkeeper William Burger earned the win after entering the game at halftime
- Freshman goalkeeper Liam Ryan made two saves in the final three minutes of the first half to keep the score knotted at 0-0 at halftime
- Freshman Matthew Cadena led the Tartans with two shots on goal
Notes and Notables
- Bowman's coaching career started in 2000 at Elmira College
- Bowman's Carnegie Mellon debut was in 2014
- Bowman has a 250-82-49 career record and a 71-36-18 record at CMU
- Bowman's career winning percentage of .720 is 13th best among active Division III head coaches
The Tartans travel to Meadville, Pennsylvania, on Sunday, September 4 for a 2:00 p.m. contest against Allegheny College.