Tartans Punch Ticket to NCAAs, Win Fourth Straight Mid-Atlantic Regional
(LOCK HAVEN, Pa.) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's cross country won its fourth straight NCAA Mid-Atlantic Regional Championship after completing the 8k course at West Branch Cross Country Course in Lock Haven, Pennsylvania, on Saturday.
Carnegie Mellon 22, Johns Hopkins 60, Messiah 113, Dickinson 126, Marywood 156
Location: Lock Haven, Pennsylvania (West Branch)
- The Tartans placed five runners in the top eight.
- Senior Elijah Sech led the Tartans as she crossed second with a time of 25:09.9.
- Placing third overall was sophomore Colin McLaughlin in 25:16.9.
- Junior Jacob Hsu and junior Charlie Murphy crossed fourth and fifth with times of 25:17.1 and 25:19.6, respectively.
- Rounding out the Tartans top five runners with a time of 25:25.4 was sophomore Matthew Coyle.
- All five earned All-Region honors by finishing in the top 35 of the meet.
- Also, earning All-Region was freshman Ryan Podnar and sophomore Aleksei Seletskiy for placing 19th and 24th.
- The region victory is the Tartans sixth since 2008.
- The Tartans will race for the 2022 NCAA Division III Men's Cross Country Championship in East Lansing, Michigan, on Saturday, November 19.