Tartans Finishes Series at Brandeis with 8-3 Loss
(WALTHAM, Mass.) – The Carnegie Mellon University softball team fell 8-3 at Brandeis University on Sunday, March 26 in the series finale. The Tartans are now 0-4 in University Athletic Association (UAA) play and 8-10 overall. Brandeis improves to 9-1 overall and 4-0.
How it Happened
- Freshman Haley Pucci pitched 4.1 innings for the Tartans surrendering five runs on four hits.
- Junior Kiera Boucher hit her second career home run to give the Tartans a 3-0 lead in the third inning.
- Boucher's home run also plated junior Erika Heffernen and freshman Kira Monji who reached on singles with two outs.
- Brandeis tied the game with three runs in the bottom of the fourth inning and added five runs in the bottom of the fifth inning.
- Sophomore Libby Eichberger recorded two hits for the Tartans.
The Tartans will hit the road on Tuesday, March 28 for a rescheduled doubleheader with Hiram College beginning at 3:30 p.m.