Tartans Overpower Pitt Greensburg
(GREENSBURG, Pa.) – The Carnegie Mellon University women's basketball team traveled to Greensburg, Pennsylvania, to play the Bobcats of Pitt Greensburg and left with an 81-43 win.
Carnegie Mellon 81, Pitt Greensburg 43
Records: Carnegie Mellon (5-0), Pitt Greensburg (0-3)
Location: Greensburg, Pa. (Chambers Hall)
How it Happened
- Carnegie Mellon led 27-15 at the end of the first quarter after converting 10-of-18 shots for 55.6% and outscored the Bobcats 14-2 in the paint.
- In the second quarter, sophomore Anisha Chintala scored eight of the Tartans' 15 points as the Cardinal and Gray took a 42-24 lead into the locker room.
- Once again the Tartans scored 27 points in a quarter while shooting 78.6% (11-14) from the floor in the third.
- The Tartans' lead never dipped below 30 points in the fourth quarter, as they went on for the 81-43 victory.
- There were 11 different Tartans that scored and all 17 Tartans recorded at least one rebound.
- Freshman Savannah Gibbs led the Tartans with a season-high 16 points after shooting 6-of-8 from the floor.
- Also in double figures were junior Megan Matsko with 13, sophomore Catherine Or with 11 and sophomore Isha Nambisan with 10.
- Lizzie Penrose led the Bobcats with 13 points.
- Or has scored in double figures in all five games this season.
- Carnegie Mellon will travel to La Roche College on Tuesday, November 29 for a 7:00 p.m. tip.