Tartans Take Top Spot at NCAA Preview, Win Second Straight Tournament
(NICHOLASVILLE, Ky.) – The Carnegie Mellon University women's golf team ended play at the 2023 NCAA Division III Preview on Monday in Nicholasville, Kentucky firing a team score of 290. The Tartans won the preview with a 36-hole score of 584 (294-290).
Inside the Preview:
Tournament Standing: 1st of 18 Teams
Tournament Champion: Carnegie Mellon (584 (294-290))
Tournament Individual Medalist: Alison Takamiya, George Fox (-4)
Location: Keene Trace Golf Club | Nicholasville, Ky.
How it Happened:
- Graduate student Alexis Sudjianto led the Tartans on Monday with a round of two-under par 70 and finished with a 36-hole score of 143 (73-70). Sudjianto ended the preview tied for second individually in a field of 90 golfers.
- Freshman Samantha Wang entered the clubhouse on Monday with a round of even par 72 and ended with a 145 (73-72). Her score placed her sixth individually.
- Junior Kaylin Yeoh tied for ninth individually with a 148 (73-75).
- Freshman Nikita Jadhav improved six strokes in round two and shot a one-over par 73 to finish with a 152 (79-73).
- Junior Sriya Mupparaju shot a 153 (75-78) over the two-day event.
- Sudjianto's score of 143 (-1) is tied for the fourth lowest individual 36-hole total in the program's history.
- The Tartans 36-hole score of 584 (+8) is the third lowest two-round in program history.
- The Tartans round of 290 (+2) ties the fourth best single-round in program history.
- Carnegie Mellon will be back on the links October 15-17 when they play in the Golfweek Fall Invitational. The three-day event is being held at the Baytowne Golf Club at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in Miramar Beach, Florida.