Posted: Jan 21, 2023
Some Tartans Swim New Events in Home Time Trial Meet
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) – The Carnegie Mellon University women's swimming and diving team hosted a time trials invitational on Saturday, January 21.
- Freshman Annie Wang led the team in the 1,000-yard freestyle (10:42.22) and 500-yard freestyle (5:17.09)
- Senior Bonnie Wang won the 200-yard backstroke (2:04.53) and 200-yard freestyle (1:57.81) and placed fifth in the 50-yard freestyle (25.42).
- Freshman Yitian Zhang touched first in the 200-yard breaststroke in 2:26.87.
- Freshman Eliana Szabo earned the win in the 100-yard freestyle in 53.74.
- Sophomore Carolann Kimock was the first to finish the 200-yard butterfly in 2:11.63.
- Senior Aidan Pinto swam the 400-yard IM without competition and finished in 4:50.37.
- Freshman Savannah Xu won the 100-yard butterfly in 57.63 and the 200-yard IM in 2:08.66.
- Freshman Audrey Lambert touched first in the 100-yard breaststroke in 1:07.18.
- Freshman Grace Malinger swam in four events, placing first in the 100-yard backstroke in 1:00.57 and second in the 50-yard freestyle in 24.84. It was the first time she swam the backstroke this year.
- Senior Tiffany Tseng closed the meet with a win in the 50-yard freestyle in a time of 24.70.
- Senior Emilia Schwallie recorded 500.00 points to win the 3-meter diving event while junior Kelli Kuramoto won the 1-meter diving event with 548.70 points, setting a pool record.
- The Tartans will participate in the Western PA Invitational with the swimming portion taking place at the University of Pittsburgh on Friday, January 27 and Saturday, January 28. The diving events will be hosted by the Tartans on Friday and Saturday.