Tartans Host Invitational
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) – The Carnegie Mellon University women's tennis team hosted three Division I institutions, Bucknell University, Duquesne University and Saint Francis University (Pa.) for a two-day invitational on Friday and Saturday.
- The Tartans won five single matches across the two-day event.
- Sophomore Anna Chow accounted for two of the wins, as she downed Caroline Marcus of Bucknell 6-3, 6-4 and Nagisa Miyake of Saint Francis 6-4, 6-2.
- Junior Crystal Zhou defeated Kally Kadzinski of Saint Francis by the scores of 3-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-4).
- Freshman Ainika Hou won by the scores of 7-6 (7-3), 6-3 over Madi Sebulsky of Bucknell.
- The Tartans fifth win came by sophomore Divya Venkatarama, as she won 6-2, 6-2 over Jaycie Mair of Bucknell.
- The Tartans won eight matches in doubles play.
- Senior Danna Taylor won three matches with three different partners.
- Junior Zoe Angell and Venkatarama also won multiple doubles matches as they won their match in which they teamed together in with Angell's other win coming when she paired with Taylor.
- Junior Simran Bedi and Zhou recorded two wins in doubles as well.
- The Tartans will next compete at the ITA Southeast Regional Tournament hosted by Mary Washington University in Fredericksburg, Virginia, from Saturday, September 23 through Monday, September 25.