Tartans Win Third Straight Downing Mary Washington 3-1
(FREDERICKSBURG, Va.) – The Carnegie Mellon University volleyball team traveled to Fredericksburg, Virginia, on Friday night to play in the University of Mary Washington Invitational and won 3-1 over the host Eagles. The Tartans are now 3-1 while the Eagles move to 4-2.
Inside The Box Score
- After hitting .036 as a team in the first set in which the Tartans lost, the Cardinal and Gray hit .318, .226 and .366, respectively, in the final three sets.
- Junior Laura Reichard led the Tartans with 12 kills with junior Jane Dean tabbing10 while hitting .391.
- Senior Stella Yan recorded 32 assists.
- Sophomore Abby Chen led the Tartans with 27 digs. Freshman Elizabeth Schlemmer had 23 while Yan and Reichard had 16 and 15.
Notes and Notables
- Carnegie Mellon has won five straight over the Eagles.
- It marked the fourth straight match that the Tartans had four record double-digit digs.
- The Tartans will continue play at the Mary Washington Invitational on Saturday, September 10 at 10:00 a.m. against the University of Scranton before playing Christopher Newport University at 12:00 p.m.