Net Play Leads Tartans to Two Home Wins
|Game Statistics||Grove City||Carnegie Mellon|
|Game Statistics||Westminster (Pa.)||Carnegie Mellon|
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) – The Carnegie Mellon University volleyball team closed a home weekend with two 3-0 victories against Presidents' Athletic Conference opponents Grove City College and Westminster College to move to 10-3 for the year.
Inside The Box Score Against Grove City
- The Tartans hit .215 for the match and held the Wolverines to a .009 hitting percentage.
- Freshman Isabella Sierra led with one block solo and three block assists with freshman Bella Woodard collecting three block assists.
- The Tartans combined for three block solos and 10 block assists.
- Junior Avani Seshiah hit .500 with a career-best nine kills and no errors to lead the team.
- Woodard had seven kills while junior Jane Dean had six kills and hit a team-best .556 for the match.
- Senior Stella Yan collected 32 assists and 11 digs to record her 10th double-double of the season.
- Junior Mindee Lai had a match-best four service aces.
- Junior Laura Reichard led with 16 digs while sophomore Abby Chen had 14.
Inside The Box Score Against Westminster
- The Tartans hit .214 for the match while the Titans hit just .018.
- The Tartans collected 10 block assists and two block solos in the match with Sierra tallying one block solo and two block assists.
- The offense was spread around with Reichard leading the team with seven kills and a hitting percentage of .333.
- Yan dished out 34 assists and led the team with three service aces.
- The team collected 12 service aces for the match, a season-best.
- Chen led the defense with 19 digs.
The Tartans will host the University Athletic Association Round Robin #2 on Sunday, October 2 and face seventh-ranked Emory University at 1:00 p.m. and the University of Rochester at 3:00 p.m.