Tartans Run Win Streak to Four to Start Season With Victory at Chatham
|Game Statistics||Carnegie Mellon||Chatham|
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) – The Carnegie Mellon University volleyball team traveled across Forbes Avenue on Wednesday night to play the Cougars of Chatham University. The Tartans improved to 4-0 on the season with a 3-1 victory while the Cougars are now 3-2.
Inside The Box Score
- Sophomore Elizabeth Schlemmer and senior Laura Reichard led the attack for the Tartans with 11 and 10 kills, respectively.
- Senior Mindee Lai handed out 23 assists while freshman Neha Tummala recorded a season-best 11 and junior Abby Chen ended with seven.
- Freshman Zoe Gavros had a team-high three service aces.
- Chen and Reichard each recorded 19 digs in the win with Tummala collecting 10 a season-best 10 digs to tab her first collegiate double-double.
- At the net, senior Jane Dean ended with three block solos and two block assists.
Notes and Notables
- The Tartans 4-0 start is their best since the 2019 season when the team won the first seven matches.
- Chen recorded her 1,000th career dig in the match and is now 15th in program history.
- The Tartans will travel to Huntingdon, Pennsylvania on September 8-9 to compete in the Asics Invitational hosted by the nation's top team in Division III, Juniata College. The Cardinal and Gray will open play against 25th-ranked Christopher Newport University on Friday at 5:00 p.m. On Saturday, Carnegie Mellon will play 10th-ranked Berry College at 11:00 a.m. and the host Eagles at 4:00 p.m.