Tartans Takedown Point Park
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) – The Carnegie Mellon University volleyball team won a 3-1 road victory over Point Park University on Tuesday night. The Tartans improved to 6-2 on the season while the Pioneers are now 2-4.
Inside The Box Score
- The Tartans took the first set 26-24 before the Pioneers knotted the match with a 25-23 set two victory. Carnegie Mellon then took set three 25-20 and then sealed the win with a 25-13 score in set four.
- As a team, the Tartans hit .341 with 61 kills while the Pioneers hit .119.
- Sophomore Elizabeth Schlemmer and senior Laura Reichard led the attack for the Tartans with 19 and 14 kills, respectively.
- Senior Jane Dean hit .857 on eight attacks while recording seven kills.
- Sophomore Kai Herchenroether matched a career-best with nine kills.
- Senior Mindee Lai handed out 49 assists.
- The Cardinal and Gray recorded six service aces throughout the four-set match with six different Tartans recording an ace.
- Three Tartans tabbed double-digit digs with Lai leading the way with 14. Junior Abby Chen ended with 12 along with Reichard.
- At the net, sophomore Isabella Sierra led with two block solos and a block assist with Herchenroether having one solo block and two assists.
Notes and Notables
- The wins marks four straight for the Tartans over the Pioneers.
- It was the sixth time this season that two Tartans recorded double digit kills.
- The 61 team kills are a season-high for the Cardinal and Gray.
- The Tartans will host University of Mount Union on Friday, September 15 at 7:30 p.m. in Wiegand Gymnasium at the Cohon University Center.