Tartans Drop Five Set Match to Mount Union
|Game Statistics||Mount Union||Carnegie Mellon|
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) – The Carnegie Mellon University volleyball team hosted the University of Mount Union Friday night and fell 3-2 to the Raiders. The loss moves the Tartans record to 6-3 while the Raiders are now 6-2.
Inside The Box Score
- Carnegie Mellon took the first set 25-12 before dropping sets two and three by the scores of 28-26 and 25-22. The Tartans rebounded and won set four 25-11 and then dropped set five 16-14 with the Raiders scoring the final six points of the set.
- Sophomore Elizabeth Schlemmer led four Tartans in double figure kills with 16. Classmate Katherine Jackson ended the night with a season-high 13.
- Senior Laura Reichard and sophomore Kai Herchenroether each had 12 with it being a career high for Herchenroether.
- Senior Mindee Lai handed out 54 assists.
- At the net, Herchenroether finished with a career-best four block assists and added a solo while Schlemmer also finished with four block assists, tying career-high.
- Senior Jane Dean tallied two block solos and two assists in the setback.
- Five Tartans tabbed double figures in digs with junior Abby Chen leading the way with a season-high 26. Schlemmer recorded a season-best 18 along with Reichard. Lia and freshman Zoe Gavros also registered season-highs with 14 and 13, respectively.
Notes and Notables
- The Tartans are 9-6 all-time against the Raiders.
- It marked the second time this season that the Tartans had three players with double digit kills and first time with four players.
- The Tartans will play Nazareth University on Saturday, September 16 at 11 a.m. and then Westminster College at 6:30 p.m. in Wiegand Gymnasium.