Tartans Close Season with 30th-Place Finish at NCAA Championships
(NEWVILLE, Pa.) - The Carnegie Mellon University women's cross country team placed 30th at the 2023 NCAA Division III Cross Country Championships on Saturday, November 18 at Big Spring High School in Newville, Pennsylvania. The appearance at the national race was the sixth straight for the Tartans and their 30th-place finish matches their placement from last year.
- Sophomore Orit Shiang led the Tartans for the seventh meet, placing 124th overall in 22:42.3.
- Senior Isabella Rhee, in her first cross country season for the Tartans, finished in 176th place in 22:58.2.
- Freshman Maya Ducker had a solid performance in her first national event, placing 198th in 23:04.9.
- Junior Alyssa Hoffman was fourth for the Tartans in 246th place in 23:31.5 while junior Avery Tompkins finished 266th overall in 23:48.5 in her first national race.
- Junior Lauryn McKenna and sophomore Margaret Ann Healy rounded out the Tartan runners with times of 24:20.9 and 24:25.7 to place 280th and 281st overall.