Tartans Win Paul Short Invitational Brown Race
(BETHLEHEM, Pa.) – The Carnegie Mellon University men's cross country team, ranked 13th in Division III, won the brown race at the Lehigh University Paul Short Invitational on Friday in a field of 45 teams. The field for the 8k race was comprised of runners from Division I, II and III.
Race Information (top 5 team finishes)
Carnegie Mellon 114, Emory 166, Haverford 187, Claremont-Mudd-Scripps 192, St. Thomas (Minn.) 215
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania (Lehigh University)
- Sophomore Colin McLaughlin led the Tartans for the third straight race. The sophomore crossed eighth overall in a field of 403 runners with a time of 24:12.0.
- The second Tartans to cross the line was junior Jacob Hsu with a time of 24:27.9 to place 17th.
- Finishing 24th overall and third for the Cardinal and Gray was senior Elijah Sech in 24:32.0.
- Sophomore Matthew Coyle crossed just under two seconds behind Sech with a time of 24:33.9 to place 27th.
- The final Tartan that counted towards the scoring was freshman Charlie Murphy who crossed in 24:43.2 to place 38th overall.
- The Tartans will run next on their home course at the Carnegie Mellon Invitational in Schenley Park on Saturday, October 8.