New Information regarding mask wearing and social distancing-beginning August 15th
Facial coverings are required in all indoor athletics facilities, and in outdoor facilities when distancing cannot be achieved
Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to social distance in any of our athletics facilities.
Capacity for all indoor athletic facilities will be 50 until further notice
Face coverings are required in locker room facilities
Per institutional policy, facial coverings must be worn in close-contact activities like pick-up games. Unvaccinated individuals should not engage in activities where they cannot remain physically distant from other patrons.
FALL HOURS-AUGUST 30TH - FINALS
6:30 am-11:00 pm
10:00 am-9:00 pm
The Carnegie Mellon University campus community has a central gathering place in the Jared L. Cohon University Center. The Cohon Center contains numerous facilities for athletics, assemblies and dining as well as lounge and retail areas. It also includes space for student organizations and activities. The Cohon Center opened in 1996 and is the home of the varsity swimming and diving team.
Opened in May 2016, the new 62,000 square feet expansion of the Cohon Center contains multi-purpose space to enhance campus life for students, faculty and staff. The expansion houses two exercise studios, a cycling studio, and the Maureen B. Cohon Cardio Fitness Center on the second floor with men's and women's locker rooms, an equipment desk and the strength center including free weight and selectorized equipment on the first floor.
Important Fitness Center and Group X Policies
- A valid Carnegie Mellon ID is required to use the recreational facilities in the Cohon University Center. Masks are still required for all patrons.
- Please follow all rules posted in the facilities. '
- Shirts and tennis shoes must be worn at all times in the fitness center.
- Fitness Users/Group X users: Please clean equipment when done-wipes are available around the facility. All users must wear proper athletic attire and tennis shoes when in all athletic facilities or taking PE or Group X classes.
- No food or drink permitted around machines or in studios.
- NO CHALK permitted in Fitness Center.
- Locker rentals will be available late fall 2021