Tartans Win Third Race of Season Take First at Inter-Regional Rumble
(OBERLIN, Ohio) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's cross country team won the Inter-Regional Rumble hosted by Oberlin College with 40 points. The Tartans were one of 32 teams that competed in the 8k race.
Carnegie Mellon 40, Case Western Reserve 50, Rochester 124, John Carroll 177, Wisconsin Stevens Point 211
Location: Oberlin, Ohio (Oberlin College)
- Carnegie Mellon had four runners finish within the top 10 in a field of 299 runners.
- Sophomore Colin McLaughlin continues to lead the Cardinal and Gray, as he placed fifth with a time of 25:08.0.
- Placing right behind McLaughlin in sixth was sophomore Matthew Coyle in 25:11.5.
- Finishing third and fourth for the Tartans were junior Jacob Hsu and junior Charlie Murphy with times of 25:22.0 and 25:23.1, respectively, to place eighth and 10th.
- Rounding out the Tartans' scoring was senior Elijah Sech who crossed in 25:25.7 to place 11th overall.
- The Tartans will next compete at the University Athletic Association Championships on Saturday, October 29 at Emory University.