Posted: Sep 10, 2023
Tartans Compete at Kenyon Invitational
(GAMBIER, Ohio) – The Carnegie Mellon University women's tennis team traveled to Gambier, Ohio, for the Kenyon College Invitational on Saturday and Sunday, September 9-10.
- The Tartans won seven matches in singles play with two Tartans going perfect over the weekend.
- Sophomore Divya Venkatarama and freshman Ainika Hou each went unbeaten in singles for the Cardinal and Gray.
- Venkatarama went 3-0 and started play with a straight set victory over UAA counterpart Lily McCloskey of Case Western Reserve. She then topped Dasha Chistyakova of Densison in straight sets before winning a three-set match over Shadia Amado Aguad of Kenyon.
- Hou posted a 2-0 mark with both victories coming in straight sets. She topped Lauren Richmond of Wooster and Anna Leach of Denison.
- Five Tartan double tandems collected wins over the weekend.
- Senior Danna Taylor and junior Crystal Zhou won 8-6 over the tandem of Allaire Berl and Eleni Dakos of Kenyon.
- Venkatarama paired with sophomore Anna Chow to collect an 8-3 victory over Kenyn's Lalasa Nagireddy and Shadia Amado.
- The tandem of junior Zoe Angell and sophomore Anika Joshi won 8-3 over Jean-Arlette Legrand and Emilia Grydnieva of Allegheny.
- An 8-4 victory also came by the tandem of junior Sarah Yang and freshman Elaine Qian over Otilia Oita and Janaki Jagannathan of Wooster.
- Hou teamed with junior Simran Bedi to defeat Rei Etsumi and Maria Lounder Allegheny by the score of 8-2.
- The Tartans will host their annual invitational this weekend, September 15-17.