Posted: Jan 21, 2023
Barre Tops Own School Record in High Jump at SPIRE Midwest Collegiate Invitational
(GENEVA, Ohio) - The Carnegie Mellon University women's indoor track and field team competed at the SPIRE Midwest Collegiate Invitational on Saturday held in Geneva, Ohio at the Spire Institute.
- Senior Liz Barre topped her own school record in the high jump, which was 1.67 meters, when she cleared the bar at 1.71 meters on Saturday to take first. Barre also turned in a second-place finish in the 60-meter hurdles with a personal-best time of 9.06.
- Senior Ola Owodunni took fourth in the weight throw with a toss of 14.66 meters.
- Senior Mona Yuan finished the 800-meter run in fourth crossing in 2:23.14.
- The 3,000-meter run saw graduate student Kristen Seballos take fifth with a time of 10:43.89.
- The 4x400-meter relay team of junior Isabella Rhee, senior Kavya Tummalapalli, freshman Alexa Lowe and Yuan crossed in 4:12.64 to place fifth.
- The Tartans will compete again at the Muskingum University on January 28.