Posted: Feb 11, 2023
Healy Wins Mile at Joe LaRocco Invitational, Tartans Place Third
(SALEM, Va.) - The Carnegie Mellon University women's track and field team competed at the Joe LaRocco Invitational Saturday hosted by Roanoke College in Salem, Virginia. The Cardinal and Gray also had two compete at the Boston University David Hemery Valentine Invitational Friday. The Joe LaRocco Invitational was team scored as the Tartans placed third in the 10-team field with 75 points.
Top Performances on the Track at Roanoke:
- Freshman Margaret Ann Healy won the mile with a season-best time of 5:19.42. Graduate student Kristen Seballos also ran the mile and placed sixth with a time of 5:28.88.
- Senior Kavya Tummalapalli took second the 800-meter run with a time of 2:24.85.
- The 3,000-meter run saw junior Megan Baker take second with a time of 11:00.62.
- Sophomore Allison Silva crossed the finish line with a time of 9.72in the finals of the 60-meter hurdles to place seventh after posting a time of 9.61 in the preliminaries.
Top Performances in the Field at Roanoke:
- The triple jump saw sophomore Jocelyn Kiefel place third with a jump of 10.49 meters and freshman Iniyaa Mohanraj take fifth with a mark of 10.35 meters.
- Sophomore Katie Monahan won the shot put with a mark of 11.94 meters while senior Ola Owodunni taking fourth with a career-best toss of 11.04 meters.
- Monahan placed fifth in the weight throw with a career-best throw of 13.41 meters.
- Senior Mona Yuan ran a personal-best time in the 800-meter run crossing in 2:19.88
- Senior Samantha Giordani competed in the 200-meter dash and recorded a time of 24.82 which was .04 off her school record time she set earlier this season.
- The Tartans will compete at the Penn State Tune Up on Friday, February 17 and the Mount Union Tune Up on Saturday, February 18.