Posted: Feb 18, 2023
Tartans Compete at Penn State and Mount Union Tune-Up Meets
(ALLIANCE, Ohio) - The Carnegie Mellon University women's track and field team competed at the Penn State University Tune-Up meet on Friday and the University of Mount Union Tune-Up meet on Saturday.
Performances at PSU:
- Senior Liz Barre started the day with an indoor personal-best mark of 5.44 meters in the long jump to win the event. She then placed third in the 60-meter hurdles with a personal-best time of 8.89. The junior capped of the day with a fifth-place finish in the high jump after clearing the bar at 1.65 meters.
- Sophomore Katie Monahan placed fourth in the shot put throwing the element 12.15 meters.
- Senior Mona Yuan, graduate student Kristen Seballos and senior Kavya Tummalapalli finished the mile run in ninth, 10th and 11th, respectively. Yaun crossed in 5:14.95, Seballos in 5:17.78 and Tummalapalli in 5:19.02.
- A ninth-place showing by sophomore Alyssa Hoffman came in the 3,000-meter run when she crossed in 10:29.08.
Top Performances at Mount Union:
- Freshman Jacqueline Liu won the 800-meter run with a season-best time and meet record time of 2:22.91.
- Sophomore Norah Czajka placed fourth in the 3,000-meter race when she crossed with a time of 11:15.64.
- Freshman Iniyaa Mohanraj ran a season-best time of 9.83 in the prelims of the 60-meter hurdles and then placed eighth in the finals with a time of 10.00. The freshman later placed fifth in the triple jump with a mark of 10.23 meters.
- Senior Serena Li jumped 9.55 meters to place ninth in the triple jump.
- In the 400-meter race, junior Emily Lannen crossed in 1:03.54 to place ninth.
- The Tartans will compete next at the UAA Championships hosted by Brandeis University on Saturday, February 25 and Sunday, February 26.