Xu Leads Tartans at Gate City Invitational
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) – The Carnegie Mellon University men's golf team finished 10th at the Gate City Invitational on Tuesday. The 54-hole event was played at Starmount Forest Country Club in Greensboro, North Carolina. The Tartans carded a 297 in the final round and ended with an 883 (294-292-297).
Inside the Intercollegiate:
Tournament Finish: 10th of 18 Teams
Tournament Team Champion: Emory (831 (280-283-268))
Tournament Individual Medalist: Jackson Klutznick, Emory (-16)
Location: Starmount Country Club - Starmount Forest | Greensboro, N.C.
How it Happened:
- Senior Brian Xu led the Tartans with a round of even par 71 on Monday to finish with a 54-hole score of 213 (71-71-71) and tied for ninth individually in a field of 90 golfers.
- On Tuesday, sophomore David Zhang fired his third straight round of two-over par 73 and completed play with a 219.
- Freshman Justin Luan ended his first collegiate tournament with a 224 (73-72-79).
- Freshman Ryan Dannegger carded his best round of the invitational on Tuesday when he entered the clubhouse with a 75 to end with a 229 (78-76-75).
- Sophomore Jay Saluja fired a 232 (77-77-78) over the 54-hole event.
- Carnegie Mellon will host the Tartan Invitational on October 9-10. The 54-hole event will be played at Laurel Valley Golf Club in Ligonier, Pennsylvania.