Tartans Top Bethany 4-1 on the Road
(BETHANY, W.Va.) – The Carnegie Mellon University men's soccer team defeated Bethany (W.Va.) College on Saturday, September 16 by a 4-1 score. The Tartans move to 5-1 for the season while Bethany falls to 1-5-1.
Inside The Box Score
- Senior Josh Baugh served a free kick to the box that freshman Dominic Hoar-Weiler finished in the 15th minute for his second goal of the season.
- In the 39th minute, the Tartans scored just 22 seconds apart with freshman Nicholas Kourakis putting in his first career goal and junior Chris Lee converting a penalty kick after senior William Rabon was taken down inside the 18-yard box.
- The Tartans allowed one shot on goal in the first half with sophomore Ryan Liam making the save.
- Baugh scored off a free kick in the 57th minute when his strike hit the inner left post and ricocheted to the right side net.
- Bethany's Dequan Samuel got a shot past freshman Kai Yamamoto in the 78th minute to break up the shutout.
- Baugh now leads the team in scoring with five goals and 11 points.
The Tartans host 23rd-ranked John Carroll University on Thursday, September 7 at 7:30 p.m.