Tartans Record Second Straight Tie in UAA Play
|Shots (on goal)
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's soccer team recorded its second tie in University Athletic Association (UAA) play after a 2-2 draw with the University of Rochester on Saturday, October 7. The Tartans are now 7-1-3 for the season and 0-0-2 in the UAA while the Yellowjackets are 6-1-4 and 0-1-1.
Inside the Box Score
- The Yellowjackets opened the scoring with a goal by Nick Swanger with five seconds left in the first half. The assists were made by Jeremiah Anadarajah and Kol Bassuk following a long throw into the box by Bassuk.
- The Tartans answered back in the second half with a goal by senior Josh Baugh off the defender's misread in the 57th minute.
- Santi Ponce Ocampo scored for the Yellowjackets off a sliding shot at the near post in the 83rd minute. The assist was picked up by Charlie Shanks.
- Freshman Dominic Hoar-Weiler scored the second equalizing goal of the game off a free kick four minutes and 49 seconds after Rochester took the lead. Baugh earned the assist with his service inside the box.
- Carnegie Mellon had eight shots, five of which were on goal.
- Baugh scored his 15th career goal and picked up his tenth assist.
- Hoar-Weiler scored his third career goal.
The Tartans will host York College on Tuesday, October 10 at 7:30 p.m.