Tartans Get Tripped Up at Home by #24 UChicago
|Shots (on goal)
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) – The Carnegie Mellon University men's soccer team hosted 24th-ranked University of Chicago on Sunday, October 22 for its fifth University Athletic Association (UAA) game this season and dropped a 5-2 decision to the reigning Division III NCAA Champions. The Tartans are now 7-5-3 overall and 0-3-2 in the UAA while UChicago moves to 7-2-5 and 2-1-2.
Inside The Box Score
- UChicago took the lead in the early seconds of the 10th minute with a goal by Ryan Yetishefsky.
- Junior Jake Slackman pulled the score even with a header in the 27th minute off a service by freshman Henry Hawthorn.
- UChicago took back the lead in the 32nd minute with Lyndon Hu curved a corner kick in that was chested in the goal instead of away by a Tartan defender.
- The Maroons added three goals in the second half in the 52nd minute by Yetishefsky, the 67th minute by Vanni Olla, and in the 77th minute by Jadyn Hsieh-Bailey.
- Junior Chris Lee put in his third goal of the season in the 78th minute with a one-touch finish off a diagonal pass into the 6-yard box from Slackman.
The Tartans will next take the field on Sunday, October 29 at New York University at 1:30 p.m. The Violets are 3-1 in the UAA and 5-5-2 overall.