Tartans Win Five Events at Kenyon Relay and Diving Meet
(GAMBIER, Ohio) – The Carnegie Mellon University men's swimming and diving team began the season at the Kenyon College Relay Invite on Saturday, October 14. The Tartans topped the field with 102 points with Kenyon placing second with 90 points.
- The 200-yard medley relay of sophomore Arnav Deshpande, sophomore Max Kulbida, freshman Cole Venters, and sophomore DJ Lloyd earned a victory with a time of 1:33.28
- The 200-yard breaststroke relay of Kulbida, junior Christian Lanuza, freshman Aaron Lee, and freshman Andy Lu took first in 1:44.80 which set a meet record.
- The 200-yard freestyle relay of freshman Brayden Morford, graduate student Willem Goedecke, Deshpande, and Lloyd were first in 1:24.59.
- The 500-yard crescendo relay of Deshpande, freshman Harrison Quach, freshman Richard Chung, and freshman Jacob Quan came in third with a time of 4:07.70.
- The 3x500-yard freestyle relay of Quan, freshman Akira van de Groenendaal, and freshman Miles Haraldsson placed second in 14:20.69.
- Diving for the first time in a Carnegie Mellon suit was freshman Nico Shuster who placed first on both boards with scores of 247.48 on the 3-meter and 245.60 on the 1-meter after six dives.
- The Tartans will compete at Washington and Lee University on Saturday, October 21 with the meet starting at 11:00 a.m.