Tartans Win Five Events at Dual Meet With Case Western
(CLEVELAND, Ohio) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's swimming and diving team lost to Case Western Reserve University on Saturday, October 28 in the second dual meet of the season 117 to Case Western's 174 points.
- Relays: The 400-yard medley relay of freshman Brayden Morford, junior Christian Lanuza, sophomore Arnav Deshpande, and sophomore DJ Lloyd won in a time of 2:57.57.
- Freshman Miles Haraldsson finished first in the 1,000-yard freestyle in 9:23.29. Haraldsson was followed by freshman Jacob Quan who finished second in 9:24.83.
- Lanuza finished the 100-yard breaststroke in 56.16 to place first for the second straight week.
- Freshman Aaron Lee followed Lanuza in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 58.16.
- The Tartans swept the 200-yard breaststroke with Lanuza finishing first with a time of 2:06.84, followed by freshman Andy Lu in 2:08.08, with freshman Tianyou Zhang finishing next with a time of 2:08.23.
- Lloyd touched first in the 50-yard freestyle in a season-best time of 20.83 to win for the second straight week.
- Lanuza has won both breaststroke events in back-to-back meets.
The Tartans will host Gettysburg College to race against the Bullets on Saturday, November 4. The meet is set to begin at 1:00 p.m.