Tartans in Second After Second Day of Total Performance Invite
(GAMBIER, Ohio) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's swimming team continued competition at the 2023 Total Performance Invite at Kenyon College on Friday, November 17. The Tartans scored 1015.5 points, keeping them in the second-place spot.
- The 200-yard Medley Relay 'A' team of sophomore Arnav Deshpande, junior Christian Lanuza, graduate student Alender Tarczynski, and sophomore DJ Lloyd placed second with a time of 1.28.12.
- The 200-yard Medley Relay 'B' team placed fifth with freshman Brayden Morford, freshman Aaron Lee, sophomore Nick Schmid, and graduate student Willem Goedecke finishing just behind them with a time of 1.29.87.
- Goedecke, senior Santiago Gomez, freshman Richard Chung, and Morford won the 800-yard freestyle relay in a time of 6.36.90.
- Tarczynski scored 31 points for Tartans in the 100-yard butterfly, placing third with a time of 49.08.
- Three Tartans swam in the "B" final for the 100-yard butterfly with Schmid winning the heat with a time of 49.35.
- Five Tartans swam in the "B" final for the 400-yard IM, the heat was won by junior Samuel Telanoff with a time of 4.03.50.
- Two Tartans placed in the 100-yard breaststroke, with Lanuza winning first with a time of 54.82, scoring 36 points and sophomore Max Kublida placing second, finishing with a time of 55.24, scoring 32 points.
- Morford was the top finisher for the Tartans in the 100-yard backstroke, placing second with a time of 47.83. He was followed by Deshpande who finished third with a time of 48.37.
- The Tartan swimmers will continue at Kenyon College in the Top Performance Invite Saturday, November 18 at 10:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- The Tartan divers will compete on Saturday, November 18 at 9:30 a.m.