Tartans Place Second At UAA Championships
(ATLANTA, Ga.) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's cross country team finished second at the University Athletic Association (UAA) Cross Country Championships on Saturday, October 29 on the 8k course at Nash Battlefield Farm in Hampton, Georgia. Emory University hosted the meet and picked up the title with 48 points, as the Tartans finished with 64 points.
- Sophomore Colin McLaughlin led the Tartans with a sixth-place finish in 24:55.4 with senior Elijah Sech just behind him in 24:55.7.
- Sophomore Matthew Coyle was 13th overall in 25:16.2 with junior Jacob Hsu finishing 18th in 25:23.5.
- Junior Alex Ivanov was the fifth Tartan to cross the finish line. He placed 20th in 25:27.1.
- Both McLaughlin and Sech earned All-UAA First Team Recognition.
- Coyle earned All-UAA Second Team Recognition.
- Freshman Ryan Podnar is the UAA Men's Rookie of the Year as the top first-year finisher. He placed 23rd overall and was sixth for the Tartans in 25:31.3.
The Tartans will race at the NCAA Mid-Atlantic Regional on Saturday, November 12 in Loch Haven, Pennsylvania. The race is set to start at 12:00 p.m.