Tartans Race to 11th Place at NCAA Championships
(EAST LANSING, Mich.) – On a snowy day in Michigan, the Carnegie Mellon University men's cross country team raced in the 2022 NCAA Division III Men's Cross Country Championships held at Forest Akers in East Lansing. In its eighth straight appearance at the national meet, the Tartans placed 11th to record the best team finish since the 2007 team placed ninth.
- Sophomore Matthew Coyle was the first Tartan to finish the 8k race. His time of 25:44.4 placed him 51st overall.
- Senior Elijah Sech placed 66th overall in 25:54.2 in his second national race.
- Sophomore Colin McLaughlin was the third Tartan to cross the finish line. His time of 26:08.3 placed him 107th overall.
- Junior Charlie Murphy was fourth for the Tartans and closed the race in 26:13.3 to place 126th.
- Junior Jacob Hsu picked up the last points of the race for Carnegie Mellon, placing 140th overall in 26:16.7
- The final two runners for the Tartans were freshman Ryan Podnar in 149th place and junior Alex Ivanov in 243rd place. Podnar closed his season with a time of 26:19.8 while Ivanov crossed in 27:03.3.