Two Score Twice as #8 Tartans Top Marietta 8-0
|#8 Carnegie Mellon
|Shots (on goal)
(MARIETTA, Ohio) – The eighth-ranked Carnegie Mellon University women's soccer team scored eight goals on Sunday, September 18 in a non-conference game at Marietta College to move their record to 4-1-1 with a 8-0 victory. Marietta is now 0-4-1 for the season.
The Tartans scored a pair of goals in a span of two minutes early in the first half to kick-start the victory.
Inside The Box Score
- Senior Alex Adams recorded the game-winning goal in the 13th minute with the second goal coming in the 15th minute by freshman Helena Locateli on a header off a corner kick by freshman Jenna Hallbeck.
- Sophomore Maria Askounis added two goals in the first half with a shot in the 27th minute and one in the 39th minute.
- Senior Helena Spencer scored in the opening minutes of the second half
- Adams added a goal less than two minutes after Spencer scored.
- Senior Camila Bodden scored her first career goal in the 71st minute.
- Sophomore Emma Shirzad scored for the second straight game with a shot in the 73rd minute.
- Hallbeck recorded three assists.
- Freshman Abby O'Connor earned the first start of her career, making two saves in 60 minutes of action, and earned her first career win.
- Adams now has 12 game-winning goals for her career and is one shy of being tied for second all-time in program history.
- Adams is now tied for third all-time in goals scored with 29 for her career. She's tied with Nicole Poisson who scored 29 goals from 1993-1995.
- Locatelli's goal was the first of her career.
The Tartans will return home for a three-game home stand beginning with Baldwin Wallace College on Friday, September 23 at 7:00 p.m.