Tartan Women Place Second at Kenyon Relay and Diving Meet
(GAMBIER, Ohio) – The Carnegie Mellon University women's swimming and diving team began the season at the Kenyon College Relay Invite on Saturday, October 14. The Tartans finished second with 94 points, as Kenyon took to top spot with 136 points.
- The 200-yard backstroke relay of sophomore Savannah Xu, junior Krystal Xiao-Rao, sophomore Grace Malinger, and sophomore Sophie Elliott touched second in 1:47.51 with Xu's leadoff coming in first at 27.01.
- The 200-yard breaststroke relay of sophomore Audrey Lambert, junior Jackie Ruhnke, junior Emma Kulbida, and freshman Elizabeth Shaffer finished second in 2:05.92.
- The 200-yard butterfly relay of Xu, sophomore Eliana Szabo, sophomore Audrey Soetanto, and Malinger also placed second in 1:45.82.
- The women's 3x500-yard freestyle relay of sophomore Annie Wang, freshman Ellie Leeming, and freshman Jessica Zheng finished second in 16:16.35.
- The 400-yard IM relay also placed second in 4:04.39 behind the swims of Xu, Soetanto, Lambert, and Szabo.
- Freshman Cat Bryan dove for the first time in a Carnegie Mellon suit and placed first in the 3-meter event with a score of 231.45 and second in the 1-meter event with 221.05 points after six dives.
- Junior Kyndall Tatum was third on the 1-meter board with 219.30 points.
- The Tartans will compete at Washington and Lee University on Saturday, October 21 with the meet starting at 11:00 a.m.