Tartan Women Win Six Events at Dual Meet with Case Western Reserve
(CLEVELAND, Ohio) - The Carnegie Mellon University women's swimming and diving team won six events against Case Western Reserve University on Saturday, October 28 in the second dual meet of the season, scoring 128 points to Case Western's 171.
- Relays: the 400-yard medley relay of sophomore Savannah Xu, sophomore Audrey Lambert, sophomore Audrey Soetanto, and Eliana Szabo won in a time of 3:28.04 by nearly four seconds.
- Freshman Jessica Zheng won the 1,000-yard freestyle in 10:22.42.
- Xu won the 100-yard backstroke in 56.91, later won the 200-yard backstroke in 2:03.32 by five seconds, and finished with a win in the 400-yard IM in 4:34.09 by more than eight seconds.
- Lambert won the 100-yard breaststroke in 1:06.29 by two seconds and later won the 200-yard breaststroke in 2:26.39.
- Freshman Elizabeth Shaffer followed right behind Lambert in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:27.44.
- The Tartans swept the 200-yard butterfly with Soetanto finishing first in 2:10.53, followed by sophomore Sophie Elliot in 2:13.51, with junior Carolann Kimock finishing third in a time of 2:15.36.
- This meet marks the second straight Xu won three individual events and the meet-starting relay.
- Xu set two season-best times in the breaststroke events.
The Tartans will host Gettysburg College to race against the Bullets on Saturday, November 4. The meet is set to begin at 1:00 p.m.