Tartans in Fourth After Second Day of Total Performance Invite
(GAMBIER, Ohio) - The Carnegie Mellon University women's swimming team continued competition at the 2023 Total Performance Invite at Kenyon College on Friday, November 17. Their score is at a total of 696.5, putting them in fourth place out of eight schools.
- Sophomore Savannah Xu, sophomore Sophie Elliott, freshman Alice Yueh, and junior Abigael O'Donnell placed fourth in the 800-yard freestyle relay.
- Xu placed third in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 56.24. Sophomore Audrey Soetanto followed not far behind with a time of 57.39.
- Xu also placed fifth in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 56.80.
- Freshman Ellie Leeming placed tenth in the 400-yard IM with a time of 4:36.31.
- Freshman Elizabeth Shaffer placed ninth in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:05.38.
- The Tartan swimmers will continue at Kenyon College in the Top Performance Invite Saturday, November 18 at 10:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- The Tartan divers will compete on Saturday, November 18 at 9:30 a.m.