Tartans Close Total Performance Invite in Fifth Place
(GAMBIER, Ohio) - The Carnegie Mellon University women's swimming team placed fifth at the Total Performance Invite at Kenyon College after three days of competition recording 1,082 points. Kenyon won the meet with 2,850.5 points.
- Sophomore Annie Wang started the meet with an 11th-place finish in the 1,650-yard freestyle in 17:43.22.
- Freshman Elizabeth Shaffer earned a third-place finish in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:20.28.
- Sophomore Sophie Elliott placed fourth in the 200-yard butterfly in a time of 2:05.35. Sophomore Audrey Soetanto and sophomore Carolann Kimock were sixth and seventh in the event in times of 2:06.27 and 2:06.30.
- Junior Emma Hoffman won the B-Final of the 200-yard backstroke with a time of 2:06.05 to lead the Tartans.
- Sophomore Grace Malinger led the Tartans in the 100-yard freestyle with a 14th-place finish in 52.64. Freshman Anna Zaniolo was 19th in 53.39.
- The 400-yard freestyle relay finished 11th behind the swims from Zaniolo, Malinger, senior Danning Hu, and senior Zoe Jacobs with a time of 3:33.53.
- Shaffer's 200-yard breaststroke time is a B Cut and she provisionally qualifies for the NCAA Championships.
The swimmers have off from competition until January while the divers will travel to Washington and Jefferson College for meet on Friday, December 1.