Posted: Jan 28, 2023
Tartans Take Second at Muskingum Meet, Two School Records Set
(NEW CONCORD, Ohio) - The Carnegie Mellon University women's indoor track and field team competed at the Muskingum Meet on Saturday held in New Concord, Ohio at the Bullock Health and Wellness Complex. The Tartans took second at the 12-team event with 155 points.
Top Performances on the Track:
- Senior Samantha Giordani won the 60-meter and 200-meter dash events with times of 7.77 and 25.32, respectively. Her time in the 60-meter dash broke her previous school record time of 7.83 set last season.
- The Tartans swept the top three spots in the 800-meter run with senior Kavya Tummalapalli winning the race with a time of 2:23.87. Freshmen Jacqueline Liu and Margaret Ann Healy crossed second and third with times of 2:27.23 and 2:30.63.
- Junior Isabella Rhee took first in the 400-meter run crossing in 1:01.70.
- The 3,000-meter run saw sophomore Alyssa Hoffman cross in 10:28.70 to finish third.
- Another third place showing came in the 60-meter hurdles when sophomore Allison Silva finished with a time of 10.05.
Top Performances in the Field:
- Sophomore Katie Monahan topped her previous school record in the shot put on Saturday with a toss of 12.58 meters to win the event. Last season the sophomore threw the element 12.21 meters.
- Senior Liz Barre won the high jump clearing the bar at 1.62 meters.
- A mark of 4.98 meters by senior Serena Li in the long jump placed her second.
- In the triple jump, the Tartans took second and third when sophomore Jocelyn Kiefel marked at 10.63 meters and freshman Iniyaa Mohanraj at 10.30 meters.
- The Tartans will compete next at Case Western University in the annual Battle for the Obelisk on Saturday, February 4.