Tartans Sweep John Carroll
|Game Statistics||John Carroll||Carnegie Mellon|
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) – The Carnegie Mellon University volleyball team swept John Carrol University during a home game on Wednesday night, leading the Tartans to a 9-3 season with the Blue Streak moving to 9-3.
Inside The Box Score
- The Tartans won by set scores of 25-10, 25-15, 27-17.
- The Tartans went on an eight-point streak to end the first set and a six-point streak during the third.
- The Tartans hit .305 with 16 kills in the second set.
- Sophomores Bella Woodard and Elizabeth Schlemmer tied for most kills on the team, both with seven.
- Senior Jane Dean hit a .857 with six kills on seven attempts.
- Senior Mindee Lai picked up 25 assists.
- Defensively, junior Abby Chen led with 16 digs while freshman Zoe Gavros tabbed nine and seniors Laura Reichard and Mindee Lai each had six digs.
- Freshmen Neha Tummala had four service aces, including three straight to end the first set.
Notes and Notables
- Reichard now has 1,001 career digs and becomes the 16th Tartan to reach 1,000 digs for their career.
- This is Carnegie's third sweet this season.
- It was the first meeting between the two institutions since 2017.
- It marked the Tartans third straight win over the Blue Streak.
- Next up for the Tartans is the University Athletic Association (UAA) Round Robin #1 to be played at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. The first of three matches will start at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 23 against the University Rochester.