Tartans Take Down Muskingum in Home Contest
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) – The Carnegie Mellon University volleyball team hosted the Muskies of Muskingum University on Friday night and won by a 3-1 score. The victory moves the Tartans' record to 12-4 overall while the Muskies are now 4-11.
Inside The Box Score
- The Tartans registered double-digit kills in each of the four sets with a match-best of 18 coming in the fourth set.
- The Tartans hit .287 for the match with a set-best of .481 coming in set three.
- The final two points of the match came off kills by seniors Avani Seshiah and Mindee Lai.
- Sophomore Elizabeth Schlemmer led the attack with 15 kills and a hitting percentage of .324.
- Senior Laura Reichard was second in kills with 12 and second in digs with 10.
- Senior Jane Dean put down nine kills and had three block assists.
- Sophomore Kai Herchenroether had eight kills, one block solo, and one block assist.
- Lai distributed 39 assists while freshman Neha Tummala had 10 assists.
- Junior Abby Chen led the defense with 14 digs while Lai recorded 10 digs.
Notes and Notables
- The series record now favors the Tartans by one, 8-7.
- The Tartans have won three straight in the series.
- The Tartans will travel to Chicago, Illinois, to compete in the University Athletic Association Round Robin #2 on Sunday, October 8. The Cardinal and Gray will play Brandeis University at 1:00 p.m. CT and 12th-ranked Washington University in St. Louis at 3:00 p.m. CT on the campus of the University of Chicago.