Tartans End Season in Opening Round of the NCAA Tournament
(HOLLAND, Mich.) – The Carnegie Mellon University volleyball team competed in the opening round of the 2023 NCAA Division III Women's Volleyball Championship on Thursday at Hope College in Holland, Michigan. The Tartans faced Pacific Lutheran University and dropped a 3-0 decision to the Lutes.
Inside The Box Score
- The set scores were 25-20, 25-21 and 25-18.
- Senior Jane Dean led the Tartans attack with a season-best 12 kills while sophomore Julianna McFarland recorded a hitting percentage of .714 with five kills on seven attacks.
- Sophomore Elizabeth Schlemmer finished with six kills and senior Laura Reichard ended with five.
- Freshman Neha Tummala handed out 20 assists with senior Mindee Lai dishing out 10.
- Defensively, junior Abby Chen recorded 13 digs to lead the Cardinal and Gray.
- McFarland had one block solo and a block assist to head the Tartans at the net.
- This was the Tartans ninth appearance in the NCAA Tournament in program history and the third under five-year head coach Anne Bock.
- It was the fifth time this season that Dean recorded double-digit kills.
- Carnegie Mellon ends the season with an overall record of 23-9, while the Lutes improve to 20-7.