Tartans Earn a League Point with 1-1 Draw at Brandeis
(WALTHAM, Mass.) – The Carnegie Mellon University men's soccer team traveled to Waltham, Massachusetts, for its first University Athletic Association (UAA) contest of the season to play Brandeis University. After scoring first, the Tartans finished with a 1-1 tie to move to 7-1-2 for the year while the Judges move to 2-4-3.
Inside The Box Score
- Senior Diederik Schlingemann headed in the Tartans' lone goal of the game in the 15th minute after senior Josh Baugh served a free kick into the box.
- The Tartans held the lead until the 42nd minute when Roee Maor was able to get a shot off in traffic and beat sophomore Liam Ryan to the left post with a right-footed shot from the top of the 18-yard box.
- Ryan made six saves for the gave and now has a record of 5-1-2 for the season.
- Freshman Juanda Otero had one shot on goal while Baugh had two shots stopped by Quintin Wrabley.
- Baugh's point streak is now at five games after recording his fourth assist of the season.
- The Tartans and Judges have played to a tie three times under head coach Brandon Bowman.
The Tartans return home to play 12th-ranked University of Rochester (5-1-3, 0-1-0) on Saturday, October 7 at 1:30 p.m.