Tartans Win 14 Matches in Home Invitational with Duquesne and Edinboro
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's tennis team hosted Division I Duquesne University and Division II Edinboro University for an invitational on Friday, September 23 and Saturday, September 24. The Tartans won nine of 10 matches on Friday and five of ten on Saturday.
Inside Friday's Results
- Freshman Sebastien Lhuillier and sophomore Chaitanya Irkar won both a singles match and a doubles match.
- Senior Matthew Poh topped his opponent from Edinboro, 8-3.
- Sophomore Arjan Bedi topped his opponent from Edinboro, 8-2, in his first singles match of the season.
- Lhuiller paired with senior Jonathan Nottingham for the first time this season and won 8-4.
Inside Saturday's Results
- Irkar won his second singles match of the weekend by an 8-3 score against Duquesne's Chris Cianciotti.
- Nottingham also picked up a singles win on Saturday with a three-set victory against Duquesne's Liam Wickwire, 0-6, 7-5, 6-3.
- The Tartans won two of three doubles matches with senior Matthew Poh and junior Derek Wong winning 8-4 against Kaipo Marshall and Jin Dassanayake of Duquesne and Bedi pairing with Lhuillier to win 8-6 against Duquesne's Wickwire and Bode Vance.
The Tartans will travel to Fredericksburg, Virginia, for the ITA Southeast Regional Tournament hosted by the University of Mary Washington on Friday, September 30 through Sunday, October 2.