Tartans Finish Third at Muskingum Meet
(NEW CONCORD, Ohio) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's indoor track and field team competed at the Muskingum Meet on Saturday held in New Concord, Ohio at the Bullock Health and Wellness Complex. The Tartans finished third in a field of nine teams.
Top Performances on the Track:
- Junior Andrew McGovern and senior Alex Halkias placed first and third, respectively, in the 400-meter run with times of 50.36 and 52.99.
- Senior Leland Davies crossed first in the 800-meter run with a time of 1:58.25 while sophomore teammate Sean Dutton crossed second in 1:59.44.
- Halkias took fifth in the 200-meter dash after crossing in 22.76.
- Senior Verne Garin turned in a fifth-place showing in the 60-meter dash with a career-best time of 7.14.
Top Performances in the Field:
- The high jump saw sophomore Sebastian Sanso clear the bar at 1.85 meters to place second. His height tied his career-best.
- A season-best clear of the bar in the pole vault of 4.40 meters was enough for freshman Christian Duckworth to place second.
- Senior Bailey O'Malley tossed the shot put 14.63 meters to place third.
- A career-best mark of 13.22 meters in the triple jump by sophomore Luke Blackwell placed him third.
- The Tartans will compete next at Case Western University in the annual Battle for the Obelisk on Saturday, February 4.