Posted: Apr 13, 2023
Tartans Prepare for UAAs Hosting Last Chance Meet
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's track and field team hosted the CMU Last Chance meet on Thursday at Gesling Stadium with competitors from Chatham University, Duquesne University, University of Pittsburgh and Point Park University joining the Tartans.
Top Performances on the Track:
- Running the 1,500-meter race for the first time in his collegiate career, senior Zachary Nowak won the event with a time of 4:07.86.
- Junior Thomas Rich recorded a career-best time of 15.118 in the 110-meter hurdles to place second.
- Sophomore Sean Dutton ran to a second-place finish in the 800-meter run when he crossed in a personal-best time of 1:55.24.
- Freshman Gaven Williams ran a season-best time in the 400-meter race crossing in 49.51 and placed third.
Top Performances in the Field:
- The high jump was won by sophomore Sebastian Sanso after he cleared the bar at 1.86 meters. He then took second in the triple jump with a personal-best leap of 13.12 meters.
- Sophomore Casey Potrebic won the pole vault after clearing the bar at a personal-best 4.30 meters. The sophomore also placed second in the javelin throw with a mark of 50.92 meters.
- Freshman Christian Duckworth also cleared the bar at 4.30 meters in the pole vault and took second on a judges decision.
- Graduate student Bram Miller threw 47.45 meters in the discus to place second.
- Career-best throws by Senior Bailey O'Malley and freshman Sam Alligood in the shot put placed them second and third, respectively. O'Malley threw 16.23 meters with Alligood throwing 14.42 meters.
- The hammer saw sophomore Cody Breidenbach throw a season-best distance of 54.03 meters to place second.
- The Tartans will have a few athletes competing at the Bucknell Invitational on Saturday and Sunday prior to the University Athletic Association Outdoor Championships on April 22-23 at the University of Chicago.