Posted: May 06, 2023
Tartans Record Multiple Personal Bests at WVU Last Chance and Penn State
(MORGANTOWN, W.Va.) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's track and field team competed at the West Virginia University Last Chance on Saturday with a few athletes competing at the Jim Thorpe Outdoor Open hosted by Penn State University on Friday.
Top Performances at WVU:
- Junior David Durdaller won the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a personal-best time of 9:07.26 while senior Elijah Sech crossed third in 9:19.33.
- Sophomore Colin McLaughlin and junior Alex Ivanov finished first and second in the 1,500-meter run, respectively, with personal-best times of 3:47.71 and 3:53.78.
- A season-best time of 53.67 was ran by junior Andrew McGovern in the 400-meter hurdles as he won the race.
- Senior Alex Halkias ran a season-best time of 21.82 in the 200-meter dash to place second.
- Sophomore Yonah Goldberg crossed in 15:31.85 in the 5,000-meter run and placed third.
- Sophomore Casey Potrebic placed third in the javelin with a throw of 50.95 meters.
- Potrebic also tied a personal-best height in the pole vault when he cleared the bar at 4.30 meters to place fifth.
- Senior Bailey O'Malley won the shot put with a career-best throw of 16.36 meters.
- Sophomore Cody Breidenbach took second in the hammer throw with a toss of 49.02 meters.
- Sophomore Sebastian Sanso placed third in the high jump, tying a career-best height of 1.95 meters.
- Senior Alex Halkias took second in the 200-meter dash after crossing the line in 22.35. He started the meet by placing fourth in the long jump with a mark of 6.55 meters.
- The Tartans will be the Marty Goldberg Gator Invite hosted by Allegheny College on Thursday, May 11.