Coyle Leads Tartans at Dickinson Long-Short Invitational
(NEWVILLE, Pa.) - The Carnegie Mellon University men's cross country team competed at the Dickinson College Long-Short Invitational on Saturday. The Tartans had runners compete in both the 8k and 4k races with the Cardinal and Gray winning the 8k and placing third in the 4k.
Results from the 8k race:
- Junior Matthew Coyle was the first Tartan to cross the finish line, as he recorded a time of 25:23.5 and placed third overall in a field of 185 runners.
- Finishing three-tenths of a second behind Coyle was senior Matthew Porter with a time of 25:23.5 to place fourth.
- The third Tartans to cross was sophomore Ryan Podnar in sixth overall with a time of 25:38.0.
- Freshman Christian Brower crossed in 26:21.0 to place 19th.
- Rounding out the Tartans top five runners was sophomore Kenji Tella in 20th after finishing in 26:24.5.
Results from the 4k race:
- Freshman Matthew Short crossed fifth overall and was the first Tartan with a time of 12:13.0.
- Crossing second for the Tartans was junior Aleksei Seletskiy in 12:22.9 as he placed 11.
- Finishing 12th overall was senior Alex Ivanov in 12:23.0.
- The Tartans will compete again at the Paul Short Invitational hosted by Lehigh University on Saturday, September 30.