Tartans Complete Play Tied for Fifth at NCAA Preview
(HOWEY-IN-THE-HILLS, Fla.) - The Carnegie Mellon University women's golf team finished play at the 2022 NCAA Division III Preview on Monday in Howey-in-the-Hills, Florida. The Tartans fired a team score of 308 for the second round to finish in a tie for fifth with a 36-hole score of 617 (309-308).
Inside the Preview:
Tournament Finish: T-5 of 18 Teams
Tournament Team Champion: University of Redlands (605 (306-299))
Tournament Individual Medalist: An Shelmire, Washington and Lee University (+2)
Location: Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon Golf Course| Howey-in-the-Hills, Fla.
How it Happened:
- Senior Alexis Sudjianto carded a one-under par on the back nine recording three birdies to finish play Monday with a two-over par 74. She tied for 11th individually with a 152 (78-74) in a field of 94 golfers.
- Placing tied for 14th was sophomore Sense Sangkagoon who shot a 77 for the final round and turned in a 153 (76-77) for the two-day event.
- Firing a 78 on Monday was sophomore Kaylin Yeoh, improving two strokes from her opening round. The sophomore finished with a 158 (80-78).
- Sophomore Sriya Mupparaju entered the clubhouse with a 79 Monday and ended the 36-hole event with a 160 (81-79).
- Monday saw junior Denise Pan card an 81 as she completed the preview with a 156 (75-81).
- The Tartans will hit the link again on September 25-26 at the Montgomery Country Club Women's Intercollegiate.