#8 Tartans Win Fifth Straight, Record Fourth Shutout
(WINCESTER, Va.) – The eighth-ranked Carnegie Mellon University women's soccer team topped Shenandoah University by a 3-0 score on Sunday, September 10. The Tartans are now 5-0 for the season while Shenandoah drops to 3-1.
Inside The Box Score
- The Tartans fired off 16 shots with 11 on goal.
- Sophomore Vivian Wang recorded the first goal of the game in the 12th minute with a high shot to the left netting off an assist by junior Ayana Curto.
- Graduate student Caitlynn Owens recorded her first goal as a Tartan with a low right shot off an assist by senior Erin Magid in the final two-plus minutes of the first half.
- Junior Gemma Jefferson added another goal this season to her stat line with a shot in the 68th minute.
- The Tartans used three keepers in the game with freshman Maddie Kellogg earning her first career win after playing the first 45 minutes of the game.
- Freshman Kate Bergan recorded the only save for the Tartans in the 82nd minute.
- Jefferson has scored in four of the Tartans' five games this season and now leads the Tartans in both goals with four and points with 10.
The Tartans will next face Grove City College on the road on Wednesday, September 13 at 7:00 p.m.